Thursday, January 26, 2012

Which Label Maker Do You Use?

I was asked, following a presentation at the WONDERFUL Foundry Faith Academy PTO meeting yesterday, "Which label maker do you use?"

Here's the answer:

I have 2 label makers. I like the smaller one for home, and I've only used the larger when I have projects that warrent them - when I worked in an office warehouse, this nursery project, or things in my own garage (only because I owned it, though).
My small one came from Walmart - it's the Dymo version: http://www.walmart.com/ip/DYMO-Letratag-LT-100T-Personal-Label-Maker/10554587
I am very pleased with it... easy to type on, easy to format, double lines, etc. Tape for these is cheap... and there is no ink because the letters are "burned" (for lack of better word) onto the label.. therefore no smearing either!

My large one came from Staples, and all it's tape has to come from Staples online... the tape is more expensive (but wider... up to 1") but for big projects, it's worth it. I have the Dymo LabelManager 450D. I can plug it into my computer and it makes all kinds of images... bar codes, etc. Lots of stuff I'll never use, but I go this one because it does the 1" size at the cheapest rate.
Do you have a question?  Ask away, I'll be happy to answer it!

No comments:

Post a Comment