Sunday, December 11, 2011

Snip, Clip, Where?

With the holiday season, magazines are filled with wonderful ideas that we all end up clipping and needing some place to put.

We also have have special recipes that we just use for holidays, too.  (Are you seriously cooking a turkey Thanksgiving-style in the middle of June?)

For this, I have developed, and used, two different notebooks to hold my ideas.  (It's similar to using a "favorites" file in your internet browser, or the newly-popular "pintrest", but for paper ideas.)


I've added different tabs to my sheet protector pages - for this Christmas one I have different gift ideas - food and homemade crafts, as well as decorations for my Christmas home.

How many times have you found cute food ideas that would be perfect for a holiday party or birthday.  This photo shows some cake ball ideas in my Christmas binder.
This next photo shows some cake ideas for birthdays.  This is a part of my other holiday/birthday binder. 



There are some very specific recipes for very specific holidays.  I'll only be making a frozen dessert for the Summer season.  So, I grouped all of my frozen cake recipes, my frozen pie recipes, and other frozen treat recipes into groups.  Using my handy-dandy label maker, I transformed a three-section 4 by 6 photo protector page into my official "frozen treats" page for my seasonal/other holiday/birthday binder.
My binders are kept alongside my cookbooks in my kitchen.  Even if I find something later in the year, I have the binder accessible!  (And if for some reason, I need to make that Thanksgiving-style turkey in the middle of June, I will know exactly where my recipe is (and the recipes for all my Thanksgiving side dishes, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment