Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Iron Haters Club

As I was setting the table for Thanksgiving, I suddenly realized how thankful I was that I hadn't folded my table cloth last year.  I had rolled it - results were perfect - no folded creases that I would have to iron out.

You see, if there were an iron haters club, I just might be able to run for president (although it might be a conflict of interest with being president of the vacuuming haters club - which now, as I think of it, might be that I hate both ironing and vacuuming because they are both repetitive motions of blah.).  Anyways, back to Iron Haters Club...

So, I'm setting my table and wondering if other people have this same feeling of "ick" when they think of ironing (I personally have had the same iron since my freshman year in college (what kind of HS graduation gift is that?!) some @#^# years ago.  Obviously a seldom used iron has many years in it.)  So, I wasted a little time doing some reasearch.  Nothing on Facebook (and if it's not there, maybe there isn't one.) I did however find 7,486 crazy people who listed "Ironing" as an interest and 93 people who listed it as a sport.  There's also a place in Hattisburg, MS called "The Ironing Board" and 20 people like them.  That means there are at least 7599 crazy Ironing Lovers around.

But back to iron hating... I googled it.  I found something about "Hate to Iron... try this steamer!"  Really, if I hate ironing, why would I like steaming something instead?  And my iron must be fancy dancy because it's got a steamer feature.

I'm not going start the Iron Haters Club, so if you want to, I'll allow it without any rights to the idea.  It's yours.  I don't know what the club would do really - as much as I've racked my brain, I can't think of one useful activity.

So, why the ranting and raving about ironing on my Simple Spaces Organizing blog?  It's simple really - no need to do it when you roll your tableclothes.  :-)

Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment